Sunday 1 June 2008

The calm sea at Dover

Saturday saw the return of calm seas. The early start at 9am meant a very early start for the drive down - alas no driver this weekend had to drive myself !!!!
The swim was to be 4 hrs as far as you can - oooo a race I think !!!! After ample vaseline and sun block I was ready . This week no partner to swim with - Pim was away for the weekend . Off I went at Nuala pace the water was about 12/13 degrees and was fine , the sun was up ....great conditions I wish I could have headed straight out over to France. Four hours swimming on your own no chat really was hard for me , after each length (1200m) I looked to see if there was anyone to chat to ...but no ! We had two feeds one after 2 hrs 15mins and then after 3 hrs 15 mins . Warm Maxim isnt really doing it for me ....Yuk !
After my second feed with only 45 mins to go I decided to try and catch some of the other swimmers at least that kept my focus - later on the beach I overheard a few saying who was that who passed us - was she lapping us once or twice ???
Felt good after 4 hrs could have done more but will save that for next week.......

No comments: