Tuesday 17 June 2008

BLDSA Champion of Champions 08

We - that is Susan a member of my support crew and I had an early start from London down to Dover What a beautiful day , you could see the coast of France - very scary looks oh so close
This Saturday I was at Dover not for my usual training swim but today was RACE day . The annual Champion of Champions is held in Dover harbour , three races with times added together. Five miles , three miles and one sprint mile , with ample rest between each race . The five miles went well except for some idiot who insisted on swimming on my feet and hitting then nearly every stroke, it made me cross . Before the three mile I swapped the colour of my hat so the guys in the previous race wouldn't realise it was me , the plan worked I had a good swim no one on my toes . All going well until the jellies found me again , stings all down my legs my left arm again and the side of my body ......not a happy swimmer . The final race the one mile sprint was good and I managed a good finish too . The results showed that I came 3rd female , some fast young pups beat me , hey ho . One ocean creature I did enjoy seeing again was the return of the seal just to see what was going on in his patch, maybe I could strike up a deal and he'll help me get over to France .

No comments: