Tuesday 17 June 2008

Day two of a BIG weekend

Up bright and early after a great meal last night and a lovely sleep. The harbour was looking nice and calm and a high tide - that means no jellies so the regulars have told me. Freda was giving out instructions for todays swim , five hours for you and stay clear of any jellies ........she was looking at my stings and has a new nick name for me ' Jelly Fish Magnet ' Hum. Five hour swim yes I am happy with that and off I go . My body did ache after yesterdays racing , I intended to swim gently in the races but the competitive beast that I am I really couldn't help myself . Today however my shoulders were feeling sore after 10 Min's .......will I manage the full five hours . Once again we were fed after 2 hours then after each hour until completion . The first hour is always the hardest then after that I just get into a rhythm and let my mind wander , looking up at the sun when I breath , looking at the sailing school , keeping out of the way of the rowers .....it all helps keep you going and hey presto its four hours done and I only have an hour left , easy eh .
Next week I am unable to get to Dover so have passed on my apologies to Freda - wasn't too impressed and informed me that in two weeks time I have a HUGE weekend of swimming , Saturday 8 hours and Sunday 7 hours ooh lucky me ......easy swimming for me until then I think .

1 comment:

Hoffy Swims said...

Hi Nuala, found your blog! Good to swim with you today. Really enjoyed it. See you in 3 weels time!

Kind regards.

Hoffy x