Monday 9 June 2008

Jellyfish in the harbour.....

The lovely sunshine disappeared as I left the M25 and headed down towards Dover , sorry Dull Dover .....with rain and clouds . Freda greeted us with the comment .......make sure you get an all day ticket for your car, oh dear I think a long swim ahead. At 9am sharp we set off for my swim - 6 hrs today. I had no one to swim with as Pim - the Dutchman had to have his appendix out earlier this week - how inconsiderate eh
So 6 hours on my own , no one to chat to except the seagulls . It was hard for the first hour and then you count down till your feed times . We were fed after 2 hours then every hour until we finish. The warm maxim is just about bearable but at 3 hours we also got a mini milky way...yippee. After about 90 Min's I felt a slight sting on my arms , was that a jelly , then again maybe 10 Min's later yes I have been got at by those jellies .....Ouch .
During six hours swimming up and down the harbour my mind tends to wander and all sorts of thoughts have passed through my head , chores that I need to do round the house , what I am having for tea tonight, whats happening at work next week etc etc
At last 3pm was nearing and time to exit the sea , phew I made it covering about 19.5k not bad I think to myself. On reflection the hardest thing was the boredom to be honest , the water temp was OK about 13 degrees , and not choppy at all just a slight swell.
I think Sunday will be a rest day and next week in the pool a steady week as next weekend I have two days , one racing and one training ........cant wait

No comments: