Sunday 18 May 2008

Swimming with a young Dutchman in a washing machine .....can it get any better !!!

Another weekend spent at Dover , many positives , many negatives ............
I am now the proud owner of essential items to get me across to France - very posh lights - ones that run on batteries and last for up to 50 hours - hopefully I wont take THAT long !!!!!
Another new item I have purchased is a changing towel / tent , yes the ones children use on the beach - I have an adult one blue with spots on. How joyous was I after emerging from the sea managing to get changed without revealing myself to all......yes the otherswimmers seem happy too
The swimming this weekend was challenging. On Saturday it was raining and dull , the temp was about 11 with none of the hot and cold spots that we had last week - just all cold !!!! I swam just one swim of 90 mins and managed to find myself a new training partner - Pim a young Dutchman with similar pace to myself.
On Sunday there was no rain however there was a stiff wind which meant the harbour was kinda bumpy.......two hours in what felt like a washing machine..Yuk !!!! I swam with Pim again and we managed a fair distance despite the waves - approx 5.3 k but that is approx as at times we were being thrown all over the place so a straight course was out of the question .......
All in all a good weekend of swimming , despite still feeling like I am on a boat ..........really wish my bed would keep still !!!!!!

1 comment:

Ian said...

A Flying Dutchman? - you might want to be careful there...