Thursday 1 May 2008

The Lido

This morning a break from routine I went to Hampstead Lido - usually its my weekend haunt ......11 degrees and I did 45 mins ...wow very happy . However I realised what a commotion there is brewing up there 60m x 27m open air unheated Lido beautiful except no lane ropes. Some swim widths some swim lengths, this hasn't been a problem during the winter months when the numbers are very low .....this morn one of the regulars tells me that the Lido ' Forum ' have decided that 7-7.30am you MUST swim widths .........such hassle so early in the morning.......there will be trouble ahead

2 comments:

Ian said...

Couldn't everyone simply swim in a circle? This would combine widths and lengths and create a perimeter distance of 174m. And if everyone swims in a clockwise direction there should be fewer collisions. It may well also be a filming opportunity and useful publicity; the image that comes to mind is like one of those short videos you see behind the BBC ONE logo just before the programme comes on. I hope you can pass on this suggestion to the "Forum".

Laura said...

Ian wouldn't this create a whirl pool? Nuala might get sucked in!