Monday 26 May 2008

Another Bank Holiday Weekend

Saturday at Dover was bright and sunny with a stiff breeze blowing across the harbour. I had the luxury of being driven down this week by Ian - it was a shock to his system to be up so early on a Saturday

My swim started off fairly steady and Pim was too fast for me - he spead off after only about 20 mins .......typical eh . I swam at a steady pace for the rest of my swim . I did seven full lengths plus the two extra bits totally about 9 1/2 kilometres. The wind picked up during my swim till at the end there were white caps .........again I felt as if I had been in a washing machine
We all had to stop after two hours to be fed on the waters edge - interesting trying to stand and drink as the waves are battering you , then swim back out for two more laps .

This week I managed to avoid getting any rub marks - plenty of vaseline at the start did the trick . My old faithful cozzie - black adidas will be the one I'll be wearing to France.

After my swim I was tired and was so happy to just sit in the car back home - Ian you are a star












No comments: