Monday 14 July 2008

Sunday 13th July - an easy swim

Sunday was a very exciting day , as I drove down into Dover I could see four boats off across the pond - yes a few lucky swimmers had just set of on their own personal challenge- I had goose bumps as I watched them .
My swim today was an easy three hour swim - with no feed / drink which did make it a little harder . By the end of the swim I was starting to cramp on my legs this soon eased when I had finished my swim . The sun was shinning when I started my swim but the clouds soon filled the sky . As I drove back home I was thinking about those swimmers crossing the pond as I drove - my thoughts were how lucky are they , I am ready to swim just need to be patient and rest over the next ten days .
My swims this week will be nice and gentle , a few in the pool and two visits up to the Lido . I will eat well , rest and I have a massage on Wednesday - Tapering is my favorite training phase

No comments: