Sunday 20 July 2008

Final details

Saturday I was down at Dover for my last group training session . Chris - marine boy came down too to have a gentle swim next to me just to get used to my slow pace .Only two hours in the sea , what joy eh .....after getting warm we had at least another two hours gaining final details from the many channel veterans on the beach. I was given a boat checklist with essential items for me and my crew, and some top tips from Freda - just keep swimming one arm and then the other arm until you get to France. Focus on swimming to the next 'feed' small swims not one huge swim . On our way home we popped into Folkestone to have a look at The Viking Princess - a small bright blue fishing boat . I will spending the next few days getting my things together , eating well and sleeping as much as possible

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't forget the money for your boat man. Oh, and the latex gloves!

Most of all - don't panic!

Remember you managed to get into the Lido all winter - even at 2 degrees C - and you managed to swim 10 and a half hours through the night last summer (on a dark and stormy night). You will not feel the jelly fish stings till the next day, so nothing will get in your way! Good luck

Jayne said...

Oh Nools, I'll be there with you in spirit, but don't wait for me as I'm a bit slower than you. Best of luck on the day and most of all ENJOY - I know you will. Swim swim swimmy swim .... I'm sooo proud of you xxxxxx

cal said...

get on with it lass.