Monday 28 July 2008

I am a Channel Swimmer

That was one very tough swim , probably the hardest I have ever had to ask of my body. Even two days later I can feel the sea motion as I sit typing this blog . I will do a fuller account of my swim but for the moment .
  • The highs - reaching France on a Sandy beach
  • The lows - sea sickness so early on in my swim
  • The laughs - Stroke technique from my coach in the middle of the English Channel
  • The tears - after about 8 hours my left rotator cuff ( Shoulder and upper arm ) was killing me

I have been back in the pool for very very gentle swims , my shoulders are very sore and I am very weary too.

Physio and Massage later this week and I will be back swimming pain free very soon

2 comments:

M said...

brilliant work Nuala, am just waiting on the weather now before I go with Andy King..
congratulations...I am very impressed

best wishes
Mark

Hoffy Swims said...

Awsome swim Nuala. All that training in the harbour was worth it. Congratulations - Channel Swimmer!